Thursday, September 1, 6-7:30 p.m.
The 2023 Farm Bill will shape the future of agriculture for years to come. OEFFA members helped to craft a farm bill platform to support our vision for future in which sustainable and organic farmers thrive, local food nourishes our communities, and agricultural practices protect and enhance our environment.
Through member participation in town halls, a survey, and OEFFA conference activities, five key planks of our farm bill platform have emerged:
- Promote soil health and climate resilience through conservation policy
- Increase investment in local and regional food systems
- Address consolidation in the food and agriculture system
- Invest in organic and sustainable research
- Provide more support for beginning and BIPOC farmers
We have an opportunity to shape what farm bill policy looks like for the next five years, and we want to ensure it works for farmers, eaters, and community.
Please join us virtually September 1 from 6-7:30 p.m. to learn more about these 2023 Farm Bill priorities and how you can become involved over the coming year.
RSVP: This is a free event, but an RSVP is required to receive the login information. Registrants will receive login information the day before the event.
Questions: Contact OEFFA Grassroots Policy Organizer Heather Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.